The Best Albums of 2018

sexta-feira, 31 de janeiro de 2014

Altas esperanças























Alinhamento:

01. High Hopes
02. Harry’s Place
03. American Skin
04. Just Like Fire Would
05. Down In The Hole
06. Heaven’s Wall
07. Frankie Fell In Love
08. This Is Your Sword
09. Hunter Of Invisible Game
10. The Ghost of Tom Joad
11. The Wall
12. Dream Baby Dream

Foi editado este mês o décimo oitavo disco de Bruce Springsteen.
O último tema do alinhamento é uma nova versão do tema “Dream Baby Dream”. Um original dos Suicide de Alan Vega e Martin Rev.









A História de Dream Baby Dream

As primeiras aparições de “Dream Baby Dream” foram em finais dos anos 70. A canção foi incluída no segundo álbum dos Suicide.
Os próprios autores, Alan Vega e Martin Rev, foram fazendo várias reprises do tema ao longo dos anos, por vezes com outras designações.
Springsteen começou a tocá-la ao vivo a partir de 2005, na digressão mundial de «Devils and Dust». Sozinho em palco, fazendo-se apenas acompanhar pelo som de um órgão, fechava os alinhamentos dos seus espectáculos com uma versão muito personalizada, embora sem a mínima alteração na letra.

A história de "Dream Baby Dream" contada pelos protagonistas: 

"I'm still high from that show [Alan Vega attended Springsteen's 20 July 2005 show in Bridgeport, CT]. Now I can die. Not only he's playing 'Dream Baby Dream,' but it's the big encore song, the last song of the show.
A lot of bands have done my stuff, Suicide stuff [...] Thank God, finally somebody did their version of it. He interpreted my song, he did it his way, and such a great way that I'm going to have to sing it that way, or not sing it at all anymore!
What’s my favourite Springsteen song? 'Dream Baby Dream.'! On my death bed, that's the last thing I'm going to listen to. I'll play it at my funeral."
Alan Vega
In: Winter 2005/2006 

"I've liked Suicide for a long time. I met the guys late in the '70s in New York City, when we were in the studio at the same time. You know, if Elvis came back from the dead I think he would sound like Alan Vaga. He gets a lot of emotional purity. I came across 'Dream Baby Dream' again because Michael Stipe included it on a compilation and I thought maybe I could do it."
Bruce Springsteen
In: Mojo; October 2005 


Bruce Springsteen, em entrevista à TV sueca em Dezembro de 2005, sobre “Dream Baby Dream”:



Bruce Springsteen – “Dream Baby Dream”
Ao vivo na digressão mundial «Devils and Dust», em New Jersey. Maio de 2005:


Bruce Springsteen – “Dream Baby Dream”
Ao vivo na digressão mundial «Devils and Dust», em Barcelona. 2005:



Bruce Springsteen – “Dream Baby Dream”
Ao vivo, já com os novos arranjos de «High Hopes», no passado dia 06 de Novembro de 2013:

Sem comentários: