The Best Albums of 2018

quinta-feira, 10 de março de 2011

This Beach Boy


















Aos poucos, na sua página no Facebook, Brian Wilson vai revelando os seus principais gostos musicais. Até agora a maior surpresa foi afirmar que o disco que mais gosta dos (seus) Beach Boys é «Summer Days and Summer Nights»:

My favorite Beach Boys album is «Summer Days and Summer Nights» - I like that one the best.

Há outras surpreendentes confissões, em relação à canção que mais gosta dos Bee Gees, Bruce Springsteen, Randy Newman, Stevie Wonder e The Doors. Brian Wilson também tem os olhos no Cinema e revela filme e actores preferidos.

The song I thought was gonna be a hit but wasn't was "The Little Girl I Once Knew" - the sequel to "California Girls." Maybe it was the silence in the middle: yeah, yeah.

The last album I bought in a store was Louis Armstrong «That Lucky Old Sun».

The Doors. Oh my God, I like all their stuff. I think maybe "Light My Fire" is my favorite. I liked Jim Morrison a lot.

Randy Newman. Oh man, I like "I Love L.A." I loved his album «Sail Away» - I loved it.

My favorite Bee Gees song - gosh - "Too Much Heaven" of course. Three brothers like me and Carl and Dennis.

"Hungry Heart" is my very favorite Bruce Springsteen song.

Listened to "Superwoman" by Stevie Wonder. That was a great record.

OK, my favorite Bob Dylan song is "Mr. Tambourine Man." I also like the way the Byrds did it.

We're doin' "When You Wish Upon A Star" for the new album. It kinda inspired "Surfer Girl."

My favorite movie is «The Bucket List». Favorite actors are Jane Fonda and Michael Caine.

Sem comentários: