The Best Albums of 2018

quinta-feira, 25 de dezembro de 2008

ecos

It is obvious that disc-jockeys, as a class, are essentially parasitic. We are, with lamentably few exceptions, neither creative nor productive. We have, however, manipulated the creations of others (records) to provide ourselves with reputations as arbiters of public taste. There is no more reason (nor no less) why I should be writing this column than you - however I am in this unmerited position an you’re not. I believe very much in radio as a medium of tragically unrealised possibilities and also in the music I play. Therefore accepting the falseness of my own precarious positions I will do what I can, wherever I can, to publicise these good things I hear around me. These musicians have made you aware of, and appreciative of, their music - not J. Peel.

John Peel, Disc and Music Echo, 1969

[pg.22]

Sem comentários: